Yesterday, I had lunch with a dear friend who is moving across country. It was a bittersweet time knowing that in future we will only see each other online through a webcam, not in person at an event, a lunch or to go shopping together. I gave this photo to her some years ago.
Looking at it again, reminds me how she influences others.
* She is genuinely interested in others. Life is not “all about her”.
* She is a woman of practical wisdom, i.e. what next step can be taken in the situation.
* She does not sugarcoat life, but sees the good, the potential in others and encourages it.
* She lives what she believes. She is a woman of tested and proven faith.
* She is a wise manager of her resources whether they be great or small.
* She is generous with her time, her possessions, her smiles, her love and compassion.
In this photo your eye is drawn to the center of the flower first and then to the colorful petals anchored to it. It reminds me of my friend, Myrle. She would tell you that God is at the center of her life, he is her anchor. The character qualities I have mentioned above radiate out to others because of her relationship with Him.
How do you and I influence others? What would others say if they were to write a summary of our legacy to them? It is something to think about.
Well, it is time for me to go online and purchase a webcam so I can stay in touch. I will be back in a few days to share more photos.